Wonderful lunch when zucchini, tomatoes and peppers come out on the market, I enjoy these combinations. This was my experimental lunch, I usually do moussaka with zucchini, but this variant turned out to be excellent.
- 7 zucchini (smaller)
- 600 g minced meat
- 1 small cup of rice
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- spices-vegeta, black pepper, red pepper, salt, parsley
- 3-4 peppers
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 200-300 ml tomato sauce
- grated cheese or parmesan
- water and oil
- First prepare the meat in a standard way. It is fried well in a pan with some oil and after it is ready, add rice, 1 teaspoon red pepper, black pepper, 1 tablespoon vegeta, chopped garlic and dry parsley.
- The zucchini are peeled, cut into half, and halves are cut in half horizontally. Remove the inside of the zucchinis to get forms like boats.
- Each half is filled with the mixture of minced meat and rice, and we add a little tomato sauce above the meat. Slices of peppers and tomatoes are placed on top.
- The prepared zucchini are aligned on a baking sheet in a pan.
- When all zucchinis are prepared, add some water in the pan, sprinkle with oil from above and add salt and spices as desired.
- Place them in a heated oven at 250 Celsius degrees for about 90 minutes (maybe earlier, depends on the oven).
- At the very end, when zucchinis become soft and they get a beautiful golden color, the pan from the oven is removed and cheese is grated over every zucchini and returned to baking until the cheese melts.