I love fish and I usually buy ready grilled fish from the fish store. I’ve prepared fried fish at home several times, in my opinion, it’s too oily and the whole place smells like fish for 2 days including me! So, baked fish is definitely a great way to eat a healthy fish and your home won’t smell like fish. This was my experimental dish. We don’t have fresh sea fish here, only frozen one. So I bought 1 kg of frozen cleaned hake fish, I like it because it’s tasty, soft, white inside and there is only one large bone which is easily removed. Here I added potatoes and golden frozen mix (carrots, green peas and corn) in the same pan.
- 1 kg fish (I used frozen hake, 6 pieces)
- 4-5 larger potatoes
- golden frozen mix (carrots, green peas and corn)
- olive oil
- olive oil about 100 ml
- 5-6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- black pepper
- chopped bay leaf
- First, leave frozen fish for 1-2 hours to defrost. The fish shouldn’t be fully defrosted because it will start to fall apart. If you’re using a fresh fish, then, no problem. (Don’t forget to clean the fresh fish first).
- Prepare marinade and add it all over the fish. When fish is a little defrosted, make 3-4 cuts on each side and again rub in the marinade. I only kept fish marinaded for 30 minutes. If you’re using a fresh fish, then add marinade in the inside too.
- Peal and chop potatoes.
- Then, get a larger pan and align it with baking paper.
- Put fish on the baking paper and add potatoes and golden mix in between. Pour the remained marinade all over the fish and on the potatoes. Add more olive oil on the potatoes and add salt. I also sprinkled chopped spring onions. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and put to bake at 220 C degrees.
- Remove the pan in 30 minutes, carefully uncover (be careful not to burn yourself from the hot air), mix the potatoes and flip the fish. Again cover with the foil and put to bake 30 more minutes.
- So, after 1 hour overall baking, uncover the pan and leave to bake uncovered until fish and potatoes start to get color.
- Serve with fresh salad and red Macedonian wine.