There is no kneading, there is no waiting for the dough to rise, no molding, no chaos in the kitchen and flour everywhere. This is a quick recipe for donuts or mekici that quickly disappear from the plate, especially in combination with cheese they are delicious! And you can make a sweet variant with powdered sugar or chocolate cream.
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml of milk
- 150 ml of yogurt
- 150 ml of carbonated water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a little dry yeast
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy or vinegar (the dough won’t soak a lot of oil)
- flour about 300 g
- oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients with a wire until you get a compact and thick mixture (add more flour if needed).
- Place oil (about 3 fingers height from the bottom of the pot) and heat it.
- Put from the mixture using a spoon directly in the warm oil and fry donuts at a low temperature on both sides until they get a beautiful brown/red color.
- When fried, put them on a kitchen paper to soak the excess oil.
- Serve warm.